Natural Wonders

Natural Wonders
The Four Natural Wonders of My World, in the beginning...

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Beholding Beauty

A car honked at me the other day when I drove past him. I glanced over and saw it was a guy around my age whom I had never seen before. Huh. When I reached my destination I got out and checked around my minivan, making sure none of the tires were flat. Everything looked OK. I guess he was checking me out, I thought with a smile.

Immediately I texted my twenty-year-old beautiful daughter.

"I know this happens 2 u all the time but some guy just honked at me! It's been a long time since that's happened 2 me :-)"

She immediately texted back:

"Haha like daughter like mother"

She really is head-turning beautiful. Whenever I go anywhere with her I can't help grinning at all the stares she gets and yet she's oblivious to the attention. She went through an ugly-duckling phase of freckles and braces and the beautiful swan that emerged will never forget the past, having successfully survived a far-too-long period when stares weren't a good thing. That experience has made her very empathetic and encouraging to those who have yet to reach their own swan stage, and that makes her even more beautiful on the inside. What more could a mother ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment